Wednesday, October 14, 2009

She's a Girl!!!

It's so nice to not call her "it" anymore. Chris, mom and I went to the doctor Tuesday the 13th. The very first picture was of her lack of a penis. It was great. Chris DID make the tech double check. hehe. Then we got to see her brain, spine, heart, liver, arms, legs, nose and mouth. While we were "watching" her, she yawned. A BIG yawn. She DID cover her mouth when yawning though. It was the cutest thing ever. She seems awfully squished in there. Her knees are in her face and she's moving and squirming all the time. She had a strong 170 beats a minute heart beat. It was great to hear. The doctor said her growth is on track and everything is looking great. We have another appointment in 4 weeks, just a normal visit. The visit after will be my sugar test and soon we'll be seeing the doctors every two weeks instead of every 4. Joy. I asked my doctor how my weight gain was coming along. He shyly showed me my chart (which said I've gained 10 lbs). I said, uh yeah, 10 lbs, what's that mean. Well......the baby is only 10 oz. Uh yeah, what's that mean. Well.......strictly speaking, you're gaining weight a little fast. Chris jumps in quickly and says, but I'm SURE most of that is just water weight. He's a great husband :) I adore him. Chris and I spent the rest of the day shopping with Bailey. Babies r Us was our first stop. We're keeping the nursery deep purple and getting white furniture. It was a pretty eye opening experience for us all. All the cribs feel "chincy" to Chris. A bassinet is "necessary" because a pack n play doesn't seem "cozy" and looks "temporary" and he doesn't want her to feel temporary. And last, but not least, Jennifer, what do we do when the diaper doesn't hold all night. After I explained that diapers don't always hold (which was news to him) he asked what "we" do. Bailey told him, you throw her in the bath and clean up the nursery. Wide eyed and scared he says, well how do you clean up the shit? Call hazmat or something? (straight faced) No Chris, you just clean it up. Well can I wear rubber gloves? (since I wear rubber gloves when cook b/c I won't touch raw meat (Travis, keep your jokes to yourself)). Of course you can wear gloves honey! Oh this should be quite the journey for us both. We're SO excited though. We're both really glad we're having a girl (yes, Chris is already smitten with her). I'm still in my normal pants and dresses but I'm loving maternity shirts. Physically I'm feeling great. Nausea is gone. I'm still tired but I can keep my eyes open now. My back is starting to hurt and my neck is killing me but it's not unbearable by any means. All and all, I'm actually starting to enjoy pregnancy now.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet lil miss no pecker 'decker. (yes i did just say that!) I cannot wait to hear all middle of the night stories, you guys are going to keep me entertained and laughing for the next 18 years. I LOVE IT.

    By the way, the thought of Chris calling hazmat cuz his cute little daughter shat herself, has me laughing hysterically in my office. I would LOVE to be on the other end of that phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baby girl!! Wonderful news! PopPop and I are so happy and excited for you and Chris and we cannot wait to meet our little miss priss! This is the best time of your life, sweetie! Enjoy every minute! Thanks for updating us!
    Hugs and kisses, xoxo MomaLou and PopPop
    PS Are you registered yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - i can't believe you just said no pecker decker!! lmao!

    No we haven't registered yet - Planning on trying to get that done next weekend - probably at Target and Babies R Us - Babies R Us is convenient but expensive so we're still weighing our options

    ReplyDelete