I had my first prenatal visit today. They tried to hear the heartbeat using the Dopplar but couldn't hear it. Apparently my placenta is loud (What?! How the hell do I know, it's just what she said). So I had another sonogram done. Our little parasite (TIMMY!! do you see that noggin?!) was doing flips in there. (great, ADD already and I haven't been drinking caffiene at all) Hell, I'm bored too and I'm not stuck in a fluid sac.
Most of the all day sickness has subsided now. I have a lot more energy, although am exhausted about half way through the day. Sleeping through the night is OVER. Who knew that'd happen so soon?! I'm ready to plan our nursery. I feel like at any moment I'll be exhausted again so I should be getting shit done right now.
So a small handful of people have rubbed my belly (Cooper, you almost lost your little hand. Your daddy isn't funny). I'm not sure what makes people do that. I knew I'd have to face this at some point, but I NEVER thought it would be in the first trimester. I don't go around rubbing fatties asses b/c it looks like they are carrying around twins. My girls at work are making me a shirt to wear. I don't think they have decided on a slogan yet. I've suggested "don't f'ing touch me!!!!". Mom says I can't wear clothes that have the F word on them anymore. Guess it's not the "grown up" thing to do. Hmmm. So although my clothes are getting a little snug, it doesn't give you the green light to touch me. When the parasite sticks it's foot in my ribs, I'll let you feel. Promise.
All and all, we're very excited (still) and feeling great (yeap, speaking for Chris too). Our next appointment is in 4 weeks.
Oh yeah, my original appointment was Friday. Needless to say, I had my appointment today instead. Because Chris had taken off Friday to be with me, he couldn't take off today at the last minute. While in my appointment, the midwife asked me if the father was a part of the babys life. LMAO. Chris was SOO pissed. "Did you tell them that it's YOUR fault that I wasn't there? That I DID take the time off on Friday to go with you." Nope. hehe. Are you taking the blame for us being pregnant? (b/c you know it's ALL his fault everytime I'm sick or can't sleep). HAHA pregnancy is fun. I've grown SO much. I truly appreciate the little things in life now.
fatties asses!?!? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHHAA I LOVE it!!! Jenn, you crack me up!!! Have you guys been thinking of any names?
ReplyDeleteyou need the shirt... " i F on the first date" :)
ReplyDelete